Our Collection Of Recipes
These are primarily for use in Dutch ovens, but there will be others that are not. Most of the recipes here came from various sources. In some cases we have made changes to the recipe for use in Dutch ovens. If anyone has a recipe for us to try, let us know. Thanks for looking.
Recipes for the stove, grill, griddle, etc
1. Using a griddle, on one side scramble the eggs and form into a round about the size of the sausage or muffins.
2. On the other side start heating the sausage patties.
3. On another griddle or camp toaster, etc start toasting the English muffins. You will want them at least a little toasted.
4. When the eggs, sausage and muffins are heated enough place a slice of cheese on the sausage patty.
5. Once the cheese is melted place the egg on the bottom muffin, then the sausage and the other half of the muffin.
For the sausage we've found that WalMart has their 'Great Value' frozen patties in the breakfast section in bags. They are about the same width and thickness of ones found at McDonald's and have a good flavor. We usually use the regular pork but there are hot and maple flavored as well as beef if you desire. For the eggs, we have cracked them all at home and premixed them. Put the mix (salt & pepper to taste if desired) in an old gallon water, milk, etc jug that you've cleaned out. This makes it much easier for transportation and you simply pour out as needed on to the griddle. It's also less messy as far as waste goes at your site. Another option we've used is to crack each egg into a microwave egg scrambler and pop it in the microwave. When done, start stacking them up to cool and then place in large zipper bags and freeze. When you're cooking breakfast simply put some on the griddle and heat them up. We usually plan on about 1.5-2 sandwiches per person.